The blog for SUNY Binghamton's Spring'09 COLI 214B 02 Literature and Society Class. Chapter summaries, analyses and discussion of prescribed texts written by students.

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Nian Liu

Ch 7-9.


After reading these couple of chapters, Calvino introduces new perspectives to his book. For an example through the perspective of Lumilla as well as the main character in the book, and he twists and turns his words which for me was quiet hard to enjoy. I am too use to reading those "innocent" novels where everything is neat, precise and has an ending, while this book is like the total opposite. The most confusing I would say would be chapter 7 because the author refers the term "you" as this second person but he then says he dears not to forget "you" the original reader. And then the main character finds this type writer with translations made by Ermes Marana, and you have Irnerio say that Marana turns anything he touches into something untrue which then makes me question whether all the stuff I've been reading is real or not. I'm starting to get frustrated reading this book because my curiosity has died down and my patience is wearing thin. I hope the ending of this book will save me from this feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment