The blog for SUNY Binghamton's Spring'09 COLI 214B 02 Literature and Society Class. Chapter summaries, analyses and discussion of prescribed texts written by students.

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Julie Morvitz

Prior to these chapters, I was enjoying the numbered chapters more than the named chapters, but now I have changed my mind. I think that as of now, the named chapters are more enjoyable because they only last for that one chapter and although you don’t know the end of the story, it isn’t confusing at the time. I am finding the numbered chapters the confusing ones now, because the story keeps changing and I find myself wondering who is talking and what is going on. I found the chapter ‘looks down in the gathering shadow’ the most interesting one yet, and I actually did want to know what happened next. I felt the frustration of the narrator for the first time, and although now I am enjoying these chapters more, it also makes it more annoying when I finish the chapter and know that there is no end to the story.
Questions:
1. Are the two types of chapters equally important, or is one more important than the other?
2. Does the whole story about Marana have to do with anything else in the book at all?

No comments:

Post a Comment