The blog for SUNY Binghamton's Spring'09 COLI 214B 02 Literature and Society Class. Chapter summaries, analyses and discussion of prescribed texts written by students.

Monday, March 9, 2009

Carly Cooper

Chapter eight was so helpful to me in understand the main narrative of this story. I think using Silas Flannery's point of view and taking away "the reader" and the difficult way the main narrative is usually written. I think it is interesting the way that Ludmilla is constantly the center of all the attention and she that she is basically the only woman (besides her sister) in the book. The part of chapter eight that really interests me is the way that Silas Flannery writes about differnt kinds of readers and writters. I think that Italio Calvino is definently trying to make apoint about the way people read and their inteeraction with the writter of the novel. It is definently one of his main interests of the book to talk about how people read and the many differnt ways that there are to read. My question is why does Italio Calvino decide to use an exert from the diary to explain what is going on?

No comments:

Post a Comment