The blog for SUNY Binghamton's Spring'09 COLI 214B 02 Literature and Society Class. Chapter summaries, analyses and discussion of prescribed texts written by students.

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Alyson Bernero

I'm still pretty confused with all of the different stories taking place throughout the novel although I will admit that I enjoy the format of the book. The main story of the reader and Ludmilla is just about the only one i can keep up with at this point. The reader has just realized that while he reads the manuscripts he becomes attatched to Ludmilla. Another thing I find interesting about the book is the introduction that Calvino used to get the reader ready to begin the novel. I found myself trying to get comfortable and sit back in my chair the way he recommended and then moving the book to see that I was reading in the best way possible. Unfortunately though because I am a little confused with the book at this point I have a lot of questions?
1) Will we ever be introduced to more characters by name?
2) The suitcase story never really resolved so will we learn more about it?
3) Is there a reason Calvino uses so much detail in certain parts of his stories?

No comments:

Post a Comment