The blog for SUNY Binghamton's Spring'09 COLI 214B 02 Literature and Society Class. Chapter summaries, analyses and discussion of prescribed texts written by students.

Monday, March 23, 2009

Carly Cooper

I thought the way each story was written was interesting, the way that both stories were written in parts instead of as one long entity. In Eastman I was confused as to what the story was trying to convey, if there was a message, I didn't really understand it. In Hakim I like how each section of the story develops almost into a new story. I also like how it is based on religion and incorporates religion into the story. Even though it is very fictional (which is something I usually avoid) it is interesting because it is as if the very fictional parts, like the masked face, can be attributed to religion and Gods and therefore becomes more believable or at least legitimately believable to those who study or understand that religion.

No comments:

Post a Comment