The blog for SUNY Binghamton's Spring'09 COLI 214B 02 Literature and Society Class. Chapter summaries, analyses and discussion of prescribed texts written by students.

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Carly Cooper

After reading these two chapters I immediately realized the format of this book. I now see how each chapter that is numbered, the first part of the chapter, is about the reader and the women he meets. it is about his aspirations to find the original book he was reading and every book after that. We, as the readers of this book, get to read exactly the parts of the books that the reader gets to read. Therefore putting us in his same position, feeling his same frustration. I think it is in interesting way to write a book, because it is a book about reading; it is really about how every reader feels. Though it is interesting, i can't say that i am truly enjoying reading this book. I, like most others, do not like missing the beginning or end of a story. it also makes the part of the story we do get to read a lot more confusing. what bothers me most though, is that these stories are each made up, they have no ends or beginnings that anyone knows, not even the authors.
I have now answered all of my own questions from last weeks reading, except for one. I still wonder weather or not these stories come together at the end? or whether or not "the reader" and his friend are ever satisfied?

No comments:

Post a Comment