The blog for SUNY Binghamton's Spring'09 COLI 214B 02 Literature and Society Class. Chapter summaries, analyses and discussion of prescribed texts written by students.

Monday, March 2, 2009

Kristy Medina

It may only be me but I run the novel as though it were a play. The chapters with numbers dictate what is happening/ what will happen or better yet prelude to the titled chapters. The titles chapters seem more like short stories. I'm kind of liking the book, other times I think I'm rushing it a bit because it's boring me. It again reminds me "House" in that there's a story within the story within another story. However, there is a cyclic pattern that intrigues me about the book. Finally, the only theme I've seemed to find so far (or maybe notice) is a theme of vertigo.

Some one else commented on the usage of only last names to refer to the characters- I just assumed it was a cultural thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment