The blog for SUNY Binghamton's Spring'09 COLI 214B 02 Literature and Society Class. Chapter summaries, analyses and discussion of prescribed texts written by students.

Monday, March 2, 2009

Julie Morvitz

I find this book has a very interesting layout. I admire Calvino’s style of writing and how he can create so many stories into one, but still have one story throughout. I also find this confusing, though. I like the original storyline of the narrator searching for this book and finding many more than he ever anticipated. This is interesting, and so are the people he meets along the way, such as Ludmilla. I’m not sure I like being introduced to each one of the separate stories he reads, though. Since he is only reading the very beginning and only a small portion of each story, I find it difficult to follow. I also don’t see the point of reading those parts if they have not much to do with what happens next. I am wondering if they actually have an importance in the story at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment