The blog for SUNY Binghamton's Spring'09 COLI 214B 02 Literature and Society Class. Chapter summaries, analyses and discussion of prescribed texts written by students.

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Julie Morvitz

I thought chapter 9 was pretty interesting, but I don’t know why Corinna-Ingrid-Gertrude-Alfonsina gave each person she encountered a different name. I’m sure there is a reason which may be symbolic, but I don’t know what it is. I thought around an empty grave and what story down there awaits its end? were pretty interesting chapters, but I’m not sure what the narrator said before was true. He said that each beginning of the books he reads get better and better and after he reads the next book he wants to finish it more than the last one. Although I have liked the last few chapters, the ones at the beginning I did not feel got better as they went along.
I wonder if the whole point of this book was to get to the end and hear Italo Calvino’s thoughts on why or how people read books. The book ended so suddenly but it seems like he wanted to get this point across, and once he did, there was no point to the book anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment