The blog for SUNY Binghamton's Spring'09 COLI 214B 02 Literature and Society Class. Chapter summaries, analyses and discussion of prescribed texts written by students.

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Carly Cooper

To be honest I really didn't understand The Postulation of Reality, I don't even think I picked up the main point or theme of the piece. I feel like using different books and literary works as examples was inefficient since I haven't read most of the references and was mostly just confused.I enjoyed Narrative Art and Magic because the main topic was mainly the suspension of disbelief which is a familiar literary term. I thought the examples were much better explained and even when I hadn't read the example I felt that I was able to understand the reference. When Fiction Lives in Fiction was also interesting to read and and interesting concept to study. Overall i felt like the topics being discussed were interesting because they are often overlooked as unimportant or uninteresting however in truth they are good subjects to study.

No comments:

Post a Comment