The blog for SUNY Binghamton's Spring'09 COLI 214B 02 Literature and Society Class. Chapter summaries, analyses and discussion of prescribed texts written by students.

Monday, March 9, 2009

If on a Winter's Night a Traveler Ch. 1-2

When reading the first two chapters I thought to myself “this book is going to be confusing” and I was right. There are different meaning and hidden message it seems as I read deeper into the book. It seems like the book is divided up into two different plots, one being the reader and the other Calvino. I’m sure as we read deeper into the story things will start to pop up and maybe hopefully become a little more clear.

1. is there a clear message that Calvino wants the reader to get?
2. what are some symbols that are hidden in the story?
3. Are we as the reader part of this book as well?

No comments:

Post a Comment