The blog for SUNY Binghamton's Spring'09 COLI 214B 02 Literature and Society Class. Chapter summaries, analyses and discussion of prescribed texts written by students.

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Victoria Gornopolskaya

This book initiates a narrative that is unique in comparison to any book I've read, even The House of Leaves. We are quickly engaged into a story that not only keeps us involved but includes us within the story. Being part of a story is a new experience that this book creates. I was very engaged into the pages I read, feeling as if someone was speaking to me directly. The descriptive style is very on point. You can feel that train station, as if you are standing there, seeing it all, smelling all the smells it offers. This book is made up of 10 different stories and each story seems to be the author's story as well as my story and your story. It is a strange way to write and I am very excited to continue reading and learn what journey this book has planned for us.
Questions:
Why did the author choose to write this way?
Is there a plot to this story/these stories?
Am I the main character in the book?

No comments:

Post a Comment