The blog for SUNY Binghamton's Spring'09 COLI 214B 02 Literature and Society Class. Chapter summaries, analyses and discussion of prescribed texts written by students.

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Erica Silvestri

As I read through the intro and the first chapter I realized that I prefer Johnny Truants narratives over Zampanos writings. Johnny's perspective is real and very raw. He is definitely not reserved, which I can relate to. Since I have not been much for academic writing that is probably why I am just reading Zampanos sections and not very much enjoying them so far. I found it extremely funny when J.T. added the one word in the second chapter so he could interject on the story, it sounds like something I would do. When Navidson discovers the new hallway into his kids room, I do not understand why his foirst notion was not to just move out of the house. Instead he decides this is a good time to start measuring the house. I do not understand why measuring tape could possibly make sense of this situation. The funny thing is logic would tell you that a house should smaller on the inside then on the outside, but the house defies logic. Which further thrusts Navidson in confusion, making him want to solve the house as if it were a math problem. My favorite part was at the end of the forth chapter when Karen screams. Since the books do not hit the wall as they oringinally had, the fact that the house grew became really evident to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment