The blog for SUNY Binghamton's Spring'09 COLI 214B 02 Literature and Society Class. Chapter summaries, analyses and discussion of prescribed texts written by students.

Monday, February 2, 2009

Emily Skahill

I don’t really see why Zampano wrote so much about echoes. It seems irrelevant to me. I think it makes it harder for me follow the story when Latin and phrases and mathematical equations are used. Truant’s obsession is growing and I still don’t fully understand why Zampano’s story and his life are affecting Truant in such an intense way. Why is he feeling like something is following him to the point of throwing up. Why is Truant, excuse my language, such a dirtbag? Is that why he is so obsessed with Zampano?  I’m not sure a sane person would act that way. I’m also still confused about certain things; for example, if Zampano is blind why does he always write about seeing a character in the film do something?   At first I was scared when the doors appeared but now it’s sort of annoying. What else is going to happen? I mean, if I was in the Navidson’s situation I would be completely freaked out but it’s getting old now. Why did Karen’s personality change from outgoing to introverted? Is there a point to all the names? Personally I don’t know how Navidson knew to use echoes and pennies to find his way. I wouldn’t have been able to do any of that. Its really hard for me to grasp that this book is not at all true and that the Navidson Record is not a real film. There is no such person as Zampano and no such person and Johnny Truant.

No comments:

Post a Comment