The blog for SUNY Binghamton's Spring'09 COLI 214B 02 Literature and Society Class. Chapter summaries, analyses and discussion of prescribed texts written by students.

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Carly Cooper

I really got into these chapters a lot more than I did the others. I am still annoyed and distracted by the random and spontaneous physics lessons within the story but the story has progressed and become more interesting. I actually find myself frightened while reading and I am able to relate to and understand the fear within the characters, especially Tom. Though I don’t love the tangents, I did find the comparison between the biblical story and the relationship of Navidson and Tom very interesting and appropriate.
I still have some questions. Firstly I wonder about the connection between the house and animals, first with the pets in the last section and now with the animals that Karen has placed throughout the house, this is also the first time we this “magic” happening in the interior of the actual house rather than the extension.
Another thing I didn’t understand was what happened to Holloway? Was it Holloway who shot both Wax and Jed?
I also wonder about the children and why it is that they are able to hear and notice things that the adults seem to miss.
My last inquiry is about how Tom was able to save Reston once the rope had snapped? It’s possible that I just didn’t understand the text, but was it just that Tom was able to catch him or was it some other source that helped him?
In addition is this house or creature (or whatever is creating the movement) aimed at attacking only Navidson?

No comments:

Post a Comment