The blog for SUNY Binghamton's Spring'09 COLI 214B 02 Literature and Society Class. Chapter summaries, analyses and discussion of prescribed texts written by students.

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Carly Cooper

These chapters were not as interesting as the others; I was especially bored with the chapter about the responses to Karen’s film. One interesting thing that the author did was overlap the teacher’s story with Navidson’s story. I thought that was an interesting way to show both points of view. I feel like Karen’s characters is growing on my a bit, to hear about her life after leaving the house and Navidson’s life after leaving the house makes me have sympathy for her and think that he is selfish and a little crazy. While they both clearly have psychological problems it is confusing now what is happening to their relationship
One question I have is about all these people who responded to Karen’s short film, they seem to all be hitting on her, even the women, I was wondering what the significance of that was?
Another question is about Navidson, where is he? What is he doing or trying to discover? Why doesn’t he return to his family? My last question is regarding Johnny, what is wrong with him? His story has become much less interesting as his psychological states get more sever. What is wrong with him? How has this story changed him so drastically?

No comments:

Post a Comment