The blog for SUNY Binghamton's Spring'09 COLI 214B 02 Literature and Society Class. Chapter summaries, analyses and discussion of prescribed texts written by students.

Friday, April 24, 2009

Kristin Todd

This week's readings, "The Other" and "The Mirror and the Mask" were very interesting to read.  I thought that the first story was more enjoyable and easier to follow than the second, but they were both good stories.  "The Other" was a better story, in my opinion, because I liked that Borges was writing in an obscure way about himself.  It was a little difficult to follow all the concepts that Borges wrote about, but I didn't feel that it stopped me from reading the story.  Both of the stories, again, showed Borges's typical writing style in that he starts the story assuming the reading already knows what's going on.  Overall, I liked this week's reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment