The blog for SUNY Binghamton's Spring'09 COLI 214B 02 Literature and Society Class. Chapter summaries, analyses and discussion of prescribed texts written by students.

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Carly Cooper

I did not like the story about the Zahir, it might be because i didn't fully understand the story but I didn't see the connection between the death of the women he loved and this mysterious coin. I thought it was interesting how he could not get the coin out of his head and neither could anyone else who saw the coin. This part of the story reminded me of House of Leaves and the theme of obsession. However i also struggled with understanding the connection between this man and the other people who's stories were reported about the coin such as the man who painted his jail cell or the sister of the women who died. What is this coin? I didnt feel like the mystory of the coin was solved or if it was I didnt understnad it.

No comments:

Post a Comment