The blog for SUNY Binghamton's Spring'09 COLI 214B 02 Literature and Society Class. Chapter summaries, analyses and discussion of prescribed texts written by students.

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Carly Cooper

I really liked this story, I especially like that it is a mystery. The beginning was interesting because I was interested to see how this detective had solved this mysterious crime or thought he had solved it. one of the things I liked most was how the ending was a surprise, it always seems like the villain of these kinds of stories is much smarter than the people he is up against. I liked that religion was incorporated into the story, I think it made it more interesting. While I don't really understand who was against who and why, it was interesting that Scharlach used his own plot to distract his enemy from furthering their discoveries about his next plot. Also to be quite honest I liked this story because i was genuinely scared and really wanted to know what would happen next.

No comments:

Post a Comment