The blog for SUNY Binghamton's Spring'09 COLI 214B 02 Literature and Society Class. Chapter summaries, analyses and discussion of prescribed texts written by students.

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Emily Skahill

The Garden of Forking Paths, i read the first page and i couldn't even focus. it's not because i don't sleep enough or drink too much caffeine like some of the comments on my other entires suggested was the problem. it's because there is nothing about this work i enjoy. i don't even have an opinion about the stories, which is why my entries on here are so short or boring. it's just, what opinion could i have about a story that can't hold my attention for more than a page, and the thought of reading it over makes me want to stab myself in the eye. the labyrinth in this story made me think of House of Leaves, but this labyrinth was much less interesting. this so called labyrinth isn't a real labyrinth at all. it's the possibility that everything will happen, and everything that can happen does happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment