The blog for SUNY Binghamton's Spring'09 COLI 214B 02 Literature and Society Class. Chapter summaries, analyses and discussion of prescribed texts written by students.

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Carly Cooper

I think this story was better then most of Borges' stories although I can't say i really liked it. I kind of feel like Borges was being lazy like he wanted to write this story but he couldn't think of any poem that the man could say that would be so sinful so he hides it from the reader. Even thought it is a fictional story, I can't help but wonder what the last poem was. However the part of the story I did like was that the king and the poet spoke very poetically and that made the dialog more interesting and beautiful to read. I also like the turn of surprise at the end of the story, there is something interesting about starting a story with success and ending it in failure, since most stories are usually written the other way around.

No comments:

Post a Comment