The blog for SUNY Binghamton's Spring'09 COLI 214B 02 Literature and Society Class. Chapter summaries, analyses and discussion of prescribed texts written by students.

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Carly Cooper

I liked this story a lot more than most of Borges' other stories, even though it was very fictional it was interesting and understandable. I think it is one of those stories that makes you think about the impossible and also makes one inquire about time and the universe, future and past. I often wonder if I would want to meet someone that could tell me how things will go for me, would i want to know what the future holds for me? This story is interesting because here he wasn't given a choice he was just told and we don't know if he believed it or not. I think the story would have been even more interesting if we could hear it not only from Borges in his current older state but also from the young Borges, his reaction to the information and how he was feeling at the time of this encounter would have also been a good thing to write about.

No comments:

Post a Comment