The blog for SUNY Binghamton's Spring'09 COLI 214B 02 Literature and Society Class. Chapter summaries, analyses and discussion of prescribed texts written by students.

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Carly Cooper

The first story was intersting but again I feel like I dont really understand the way Jorge Luis Borges writes fiction. I would expect his "stories" to be stories however they are usually analyzing some other story. However the story that he was talking about seemed really interesting and I think I would have enjoyed reading the book about the runaway law student and all his findings and plitical beleifes. since these writing are fictional my question is, do the stories he refers to (the 1932 version and the 1934 edition of this novel) actually exist or does he make them up for his writtings?
Pierre Menard, author of the Quixote is about Menard whote wrote a better version of someone else story it is intersting becuse while the story is written better than the origional I don'd know weather it is fair that he took someone elses story instead of writing his own. Jorge Luis Borges also wrote this fictional peice in a way that was somewhat boring and hard to understand again making me wonder why he writes in this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment