The blog for SUNY Binghamton's Spring'09 COLI 214B 02 Literature and Society Class. Chapter summaries, analyses and discussion of prescribed texts written by students.

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Kristin Todd

I found House of Leaves chapters 1-4 to be very interesting and intriguing.  At the same time, though, I don't know what to expect because I have never read a book like this before.  It starts out talking about the main character's, Will Navidson, trailers to movies that he's made.  It's about him walking through rooms and going out a window, but coming back in another one.  I thought that this was very weird, but I'm still keeping an open mind.  It also talks about how Navidson, Karen, and their 2 kids moved into a new house.  There's also another story going on at the same time.  The main character of that story, Johnny Truant, seems to have a lot of problems.  I'm not sure how these two stories connect, but I'm excited to read further and find out more.

No comments:

Post a Comment