The blog for SUNY Binghamton's Spring'09 COLI 214B 02 Literature and Society Class. Chapter summaries, analyses and discussion of prescribed texts written by students.

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Alyson Bernero

I found Borges' story, Man on Pink Corner to be very exciting. The first thing that came to mind while reading it, was that it reminded me of a western because of what was going on and the wording he used. The story began in a club or perhaps a bar just like all good western movies, then there was a fight and then a girl got involved and in the end, someone died. I think this was an interesting story. I found it more fun to read than other stories by Borges perhaps because of the language. I wasn't expecting Yardmaster to be killed, especially after if was he who challenged Rosendo to the knife fight in the first place. I like the unexpected ending and the story overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment