The blog for SUNY Binghamton's Spring'09 COLI 214B 02 Literature and Society Class. Chapter summaries, analyses and discussion of prescribed texts written by students.

Friday, May 8, 2009

Alyson Bernero

I thought The Other by Borges was one of his most creative stories. The concept of the man seeing his past self was very complicated and confusing at first, but after thinking about it I realized that it caused me to consider things in my own life. I thought it was interesting that neither of the men went back to the meeting place they discussed when they first saw eachother. Perhaps they thought they had imagined the entire thing, or maybe they thought it would be crazy to go back again. Either way, I think it was so interesting to see how Borges interpreted the interaction between his past and current self. I can't even imagine what would happen if someone told me they were my future self.

No comments:

Post a Comment