The blog for SUNY Binghamton's Spring'09 COLI 214B 02 Literature and Society Class. Chapter summaries, analyses and discussion of prescribed texts written by students.

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Carly Cooper

I think that this book is really interesting, I was really confused at the beginning about what the Navidson record was, I did some research which helped a little but I am still pretty confused. The book is written in an interesting way that confuses me but also makes me curious about what will happen; it makes me want to read more. One important question I have is how to go about reading the foot notes; it seems that the introduction to the book has nothing to do with the actual story which is puzzling. However, many of the long footnotes seem to be a continuation of that introduction story.
First I was wondering why Navidson moved to this house in the first place. Also is there something psychologically wrong with Navidson? I ask this because of his unusual nightmares and the mention of a women’s name who nobody seems to know: Delial. Another issue I was having was with the written clips from the movies that Navidson has apparently made: exploration #4 being one of them. I don’t understand the clip of the staircase, the little girl crying, or the blood on the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment